For example, if you want to search for David, the system will by default search all data in the record for John, including headlines, profile, resumes, notes, email addresses, ... But you only want to search for John as a first name. You can by adding givenName: in front of the search term John, givenName:John.
This will tell the system you only want to search for John in the givenName field.
When searching for multiple words, be sure to add double quotes around the search term : name:"alliance Insurance".
Available fields for Contextual Search :
- benefits : Company and Job benefits
- certification : Contact and Job certification
- conditions : Job conditions
- description : Job and Company description, Contact profile
- department : Current employment's department
- desiredTitle : Contact desired employment title
- email : Company email
- employments.department : Department from the entire employment history
- employments.description: Description from the entire employment history
- employments.location : Location from the entire employment history
- employments.position : Position from the entire employment history
- employments.whyLeft : Why left field content from the entire employment history
- experience : Job experience
- familyName : Contact family name (Kanji in Japanese)
- familyNameRoman : Contact family name in romaji
- familyNameRuby : Contact family name in katakana
- gender : Contact gender ("m" or "f")
- givenName : Contact given name (Kanji in Japanese)
- givenNameRoman : Contact given name in romaji
- givenNameRuby : Contact given name in katakana
- headline : Job, Contact and Company headline
- middleName : Contact middle name (Kanji in Japanese)
- middleNameRoman : Contact middle name in romaji
- middleNameRuby : Contact middle name in katakana
- name : Company name (Kanji in Japanese)
- nameRoman : Company name in romaji
- nameRuby : Company name in katakana
- nearestStation : Job nearest station
- nickname : Contact nickname
- phone : Company phone
- position : Current employment's job position
- privateDescription : Job private description
- publiclyHeldDetails : Company publicly held details
- referrer : Contact referrer
- requirements : Job requirements
- sellingPoints : Company selling points
- source : Contact source
- title : Job title
- typeDetail: Job type detail
- wageDetails : Job wage details
Special contextual search
- note : will search all notes related to the Company, Contact and job
- Company : company notes, current employee notes
- Contact : contact notes, shortlist notes, meeting notes, pipeline notes (including progress notes), interview notes
- Job : job notes
Searching by ID
Adding a # in front of a number will search for records with that ID.
Searching by email address
Searching for an email address, will limit the search for only email addresses. It will not try to find records based on the name or domain/company name of the email address.
When using Boolean Search the employments have a special behavior. When search for position:head AND department:marketing it will search within the same employment. Both the position and the department will need to match within one and the same employment. If the candidate has 'head' in the position field, has 'engineering' in the department of the same employment, but has the department 'marketing' at another employment, it won't match.
For example, candidate John Smith is currently head of marketing at ABC Company. His former employment was developer in the engineering department at XYZ Company.
The record will be found using position:head AND department:marketing or position:developer AND department:engineering
It will not show up when searching for position:head AND department:engineering or position:developer AND department:marketing
Read more about Boolean Search
Using contextual search will search for the exact word you specify. If you entered a partial word, it won't find the complete word unless you tell the system you entered a partial word. This can be done by adding an asterisk (*) to the start and/or the end of the search term. If you want to find records with the Certification field containing USCPA and other 'CPA', you can search like this : certification:*CPA.
Read more about Wildcard Search