Tamago-DB has the functionality to import CSV files, the format is based on the contact export from Outlook.
Tamago-DB supports the following encoding UTF-8, Shift-JIS, EUC-JP, ISO-8859-1, and ASCII. Tamago-DB recommends UTF-8 for multi-language support.
How to import a CSV
Users can import from a CSV from a contact grid or from as shortlist. To import go to a contact grid or shortlist and click on the "Import" button.
Once you select "Import" button the following popup window will be displayed:
Input details for all the following:
- File: Choose the CSV file you would like to import
- Owner: Choose the owner you want all the records to be associated with. Leaving blank will keep the owner field blank in the records. Does not update ownership of duplicates
- Sourced by: Set the "Sourced by" field to this selected user. Does not change for duplicates.
- Shortlist: Allows you to choose a shortlist to add the records or create a new shortlist
- Contact type: All imported contacts will be of this contact type (Lead, Candidate or Client). Does not change duplicates.
- Create Company Records: Tamago-DB can add new companies to the database if the name of the company does not exist in the system
- Test Import: Users can test the import prior to actually importing the data, to make sure there are no errors or mistakes in the data
- Duplicate handling Strategy: Allow duplicates, Ignore duplicates, or Merge duplicates
- Duplicate matching strategy: Tamago-DB can match duplicates based on email, phone, name and company
When merging duplicates, existing data will not be overwritten. Existing ownership will not change, if no owner is present, the selected user will become the new owner of the record. Contact type will also not change. If the existing record is a Lead, and the selected import type is Client, the existing record will remain a Lead.
Employments, educations will be added regardless of any existing duplicate/similar information in the existing record.
The CSV file exported from Outlook has many columns. Tamago-DB will support the following fields for data import:
**Only First name and Last Name are mandatory input items
- First Name
- Given Yomi
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Surname Yomi
- Job Title
- Job Description
- Salary Currency
- Company Main Phone
- Business Street
- Business Street 2
- Business City
- Business State
- Business Postal Code
- Business Country/Region
- Office Location
- Home Street
- Home Street 2
- Home City
- Home State
- Home Postal Code
- Home Country/Region
- Primary Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Home Phone
- Home Phone 2
- Other Phone
- Home Fax
- Other Fax
- E-mail Address
- E-mail Type
- E-mail 2 Address
- E-mail 2 Type
- E-mail 3 Address
- E-mail 3 Type
- Referred By
- Source Type
- Sourced Detail
- Web Page
- Desired Salary
- Desired Salary Currency
- Graduate Year
- Graduate Month
- Language 1 Name
- Language 1 Ability
- Language 2 Name
- Language 2 Ability
- Language 3 Name
- Language 3 Ability
- Follow-up date
- Follow-up details
- Phone Work Direct
- Phone Work Mobile
- Any fields other than the above will be ignored while importing
- The first line in the CSV is the column header
- First Name and Last Name are the only required fields
- The order of the fields in the CSV does not matter
- It is possible to define tags in the field "categories". For example, tag1,tag2,tag3, etc. See Tags as extra field below.
- Dates have to be in YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY/MM/DD format
Tamago-DB does support extra fields that are not standard with Outlook CSV. Please use them if necessary.
This field contains the full name separated by commas or delimited by a space.
If you divide it by a comma, it will be "Yamada, Taro", but if you divide it by space it will be "Taro Yamada".
If Last Name or First Name contains data, this field is ignored.
Enter the age as a number.
Customizable drop-down menu to identify candidate's source information
If this column does not exist or if there is any space, the candidate's information source will be displayed as Import.
Display candidate's sourced by information in detail.
This column contains the URL the candidate used in LinkedIn.
This column will contain the URL of the candidate used on Facebook.
This column will contain the URL the candidate used on Twitter.
Categories, or more specific, Tags, can be imported by the field "categories"on the CSV template. To specify which tag group to add the to the record, use the following naming method with categories: Categories [jobcategory]
The name for the tag group within the brackets is based on the key name for that tag group. Please confirm with your administrator about the key names for your organization's tag groups.
Salary & Desired Salary
Salary amount, use digits only, no points, spaces or comma's unless for decimals. Japanese counters are supported (千,万, ...)
Salary Currency & Desired Salary Currency
Month when the contact graduated as a number.
Use the ISO 639-1 Code (2 letter code).
Codes can be found here : https://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
Language ability can either by 1 -> 6 or 'basic' -> 'native'
- advanced business