As your database grows, duplication of data becomes unavoidable. Fortunately Tamago-DB makes it easy to identify and merge duplicate records.
Company, contact and job records all have a "Similar" tab that will show other records potentially related to the record your are currently looking at. Duplicate records, by the nature of their similarity, will float to the top of these lists. To know how this works, go to Finding similar and duplicate records.
For example, a duplicate contact record might look like this:
(Company and job records will have similar views.)
In this case, the high relevance score for record #91 indicates the current record and record #182 are very similar.
Clicking the "Merge" button will merge duplicate record #91 into the currently open record #182. Data in record #91 that does not already exist in record #182 will be copied into #182 without overwriting existing data. Record #91 will be archived thus leaving record #182 as the new "master" record. A note will be created containing all the data of record #91, no data is lost.
Merging behavior :
- Data will not be overwritten
- Data will not be deleted from the merging record
- Empty fields will receive data from the merging record if any data exists
- A merge note will be created containing all the field data from the merging record
- Tags not present in the current record will be added from the merging record
- Education and Employment history will be copied and added to the current record
- Attachments will be copied and added to the current record
- Messages (emails) will be copied and added to the current record
- Marketo information will be copied and added to the current record
Related records :
- Introductions (Pipeline) will be moved to the current record
- Interviews belong to the introduction and will also move along with the introductions
- Meetings will be moved to the current record
The currently open record always becomes the master record when merging data. As a best practice, Tamago-DB recommends always merging the NEWER record into the OLDEST record to maintain shortlist details and pipelines related to that contact profile.